Powered by Blogger.
RSS

BMW K1 200S

I said I wasn’t going to say too much in my last post… and here’s why. I just didn’t want to tempt fate or jinx anything by saying I was expecting delivery of my new K1300S today, but as promised, it was delivered and here she is. This is the Lava Orange colour which to my eyes at least is the best colour on offer of the current 
crop.
I’m not sure it really is a pearlescent colour but it does change under different lights. In these pictures for example it is decidedly orange but in the short space of time I’ve had it I’ve also seen it looking more bronze.
I haven’t had chance to ride it yet thanks to work, but rest assured I’ll be out on it tomorrow for sure. The weather is supposed to stay good for the weekend… Perfect.
I’m not really sure how this all came about. Obviously it was deliberate but it all seems to have happened in a bit of a whirlwind.
On the Wootton Bassett ride we saw a lava orange one close up and I suppose that got me thinking about the K1300’s again. I then checked back through some old emails and found it was almost a year to the day I’d emailed NOG and asked for the price to change. At that time it was prohibitive as I’d only had the K1200 for 4 months, but I wondered what difference a year might have made. So, I sent an email off to NOG (Yes, yes, but as I’ve said a million times, far better the devil you know). Phil, the boss, replied almost immediately and with a much better offer than this time last year… so discussions pursued, and last Saturday I placed the order.
You can imagine my amazement and joy when he told me he had reserved one to my exact spec. Even so, I wasn’t promised delivery until next Monday, especially as this last weekend was Easter… but as it’s all worked out. Delivery was today and made personally by Phil. So, so far on this transaction, I honestly can’t fault them.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment